Indoor Air Quality
Whole-Home Air Filtration System
Why Is American Standard AccuClean™ Air Filtration Better Than the Rest?
Cleaner air starts with better airflow.
Thanks to the patented technology of American Standard AccuClean™, you get just that. Traditional filters force air through dense materials to trap particles. Over time the filters become clogged and hamper airflow, resulting in lower airflow and efficiency, also known as “pressure drop”.
With AccuClean™ whole-home air filtration design, you get long-lasting, consistent performance with the lowest pressure drop and the highest efficiency of any filtration system on the market.
Your family can enjoy cleaner air and higher comfort. With AccuClean™, you get up to 99.98% cleaner air and so much more.
Let's explore the advantages.
- Clean air: AccuClean™ filters the air in your home seven times per day on average. This means your lungs will be free of airborne particles, and all dust, pollen, pet dander, and viruses, will be trapped in the AccuClean™.
- Efficiency: AccuClean™ removes up to 99.98% of airborne particulate matter and allergens down to 0.3 microns from the filtered air in your home. So, you get cleaner air—and more of it.
- Ozone: We designed AccuClean™ with your health in mind. That is why the ozone output is 10x less than the recommended standard allowed by the FDA.
- Reliability: AccuClean™ has an extraordinary 10-year registered limited warranty on functional parts.
Help Rid Your Home of the Flu
During flu season, and throughout the year, families are exposed to viruses circulating in the air they breathe indoors. It is important to take preventative measures to counter infection and transmission of illnesses.
A study conducted by the Harvard School of Public Health recently proved that the American Standard AccuClean™ removes over 99% of the common flu, or influenza A virus, from the filtered air in your home. The swine flu is caused by the influenza A virus, the same type of virus Harvard, along with Environmental Health & Engineering, tested with AccuClean™. Influenza viruses are spread from person-to-person in respiratory droplets through coughing or sneezing.
Due to the similarities among influenza virus types, the American Standard AccuClean™ whole-home air cleaning system will remove more than 99% of other forms of the virus, including influenza A, B, and C and avian and swine influenza.
Researchers concluded that the AccuClean™ could reduce the average airborne concentration of viruses in your home's re-circulated air. However, everyday preventative measures, such as frequent hand washing, are truly the first line of defense. In addition to installing AccuClean™, which has the highest clean air delivery rate in the industry, here are additional tips to help prevent a cold or flu:
- Avoid close contact with sick people. Keep your distance from others to protect them from getting sick, too.
- Stay home when you're sick. If possible, stay home from work or school and avoid running errands.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when coughing or sneezing.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention also recommend getting plenty of sleep, being physically active, managing your stress, drinking plenty of fluids, and eating nutritious food.
This information is for educational purposes only and is not intended to replace the advice of your doctor or healthcare provider. We encourage you to discuss with your doctor any questions or concerns you may have.
UV Air Purifier Installations
A UV air purifier can kill microorganisms and keep others from reproducing by damaging their DNA. Unlike the harmful UVA or UVB light that causes sunburns, this system uses a UVC light that the Earth's atmosphere normally blocks.
Let's take a look at some of the benefits of installing a UV air purifier in your Tallahassee, Florida home.
UV air purifiers can help keep winter colds and other viruses and bacteria from spreading in your home. They can even prevent pests such as dust mites or cockroaches. They're ideal for people who have weakened immune systems due to existing illnesses.
UV air purifiers can also prevent:
- Bad smells
- Asthma or allergy symptoms
- Eye irritation
- Sore throats
Higher Energy Savings
Unlike an air cleaner with a filter, a UV air purifier doesn't catch dead organisms, dirt, pollen, pet dander, or other small particles. However, it does use less energy. UV lights only turn on when the heater or air conditioner's fan is on, while conventional air purifiers have small fans that continuously operate. A UV lamp can also keep biological growth from clogging your HVAC system's air filter.
UV air purifiers can eliminate extra dust on your furniture and floors. It can also help keep your HVAC system's ductwork clean.
They reduce the risk of damage to walls, ceilings, and other parts of your home from biological growth or pest infestations. UV lamps don't have filters that need changing like many other air purifiers, but they will need a UV bulb replacement once a year.
Clean Comfort UV Air Cleaners Deliver Exceptional Performance and Superior Air Quality
The UA4000DV-CB Air Purifier is designed for residential use. It attacks microorganisms in the air you breathe by deactivating and destroying the contaminants. Self-cleaning UVC and UVV lamps oxidize and neutralize odors, germs, and chemicals, turning them into non-toxic by-products. With cobalt coating, the UA4000DV-CB provides enhanced performance. It includes a lamp life of up to three years and an HD LCD backlit display, so you'll be set for automatic operation and easy maintenance.
- Easy-to-read indicators
- Long lamp life
- Residential use
Advantages of a UA4000DV-CB Air Purifier
- Clean Comfort's UV Systems are explicitly designed to maintain the indoor air quality in residential applications. Rest assured that any Clean Comfort product has been tested extensively in a variety of operating conditions.
- Clean Comfort products have extended periods of usage, with lamps that outlast 9000 hours of continuous use. Additionally, these lamps are backed by industry-leading, lamp-specific warranties to ensure your unit works great for a long time.
- The UA4000DV-CB is configured to be easy to understand, easy to own, and easy to operate. With an ultra-bright, programmable LCD visual display, you'll be able to keep tabs on your system, tackling any warning lights before a real problem develops.